Welcome To Emily's Blog!

Welcome to my blog! I am Emily and I am making this blog for Miss Lesher's 7th grade Language Arts class at the Wissahickon Middle School. This site will be used to compare 2 books. The books being compared are: The Giver and Gathering Blue, both wonderful books by Lois Lowry that our class had to read. This site will help you to better understand the two books and to discuss Lois Lowry's writing style in the two books. Hopefully it will be helpful and get you through the books!

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

THE GIVER IS OVER!

Now The Giver is over. I think this was a pretty good book. It was kind of boring in some parts but it was exciting in most. It didn't have that much action but it had a lot of feeling. My favorite genre of books is romance, so this wasn't one of my favorites. The main topic of the book was love though and that is what made it good. So...tell me! Did you like the book or did you hate it? What was your favorite part? What parts surprised you and what part disappointed you! I can't wait to find out!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily
I like romance and adventure books. I thought The Giver would be really boring, but it was actually okay. Overal i would rate it a 7/10.
Emily J

Anonymous said...

Emily,

I liked this book, also. My favorite part was the ceremony of 12. It surprised me when Jonas' number got skipped and it dissapointed me when the story ended and they don't say what happened in elsewhere.

Eric R.

Anonymous said...

Emily-
At first I thought that the Giver was going to be boring and slow, but then towards the end it got realy good and i could't put the book down.

Anonymous said...

Good summary. At first I thought that this book would be boring but then it started to get good.

Bathtub

Bathtub
Joans washed the Old in bathtubs and he had a dream about giving Fiona a bath. In Gathering Blue Kira was excited to have running water and be able to clean herself...
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Is War a Game?

Is War a Game?
Jonas's friends played the game of "war" and he didn't think it was a good idea...